About Led Light Bars
Lighting is an essential part of your vehicle, especially for night-time driving. There are many types of lighting components used for either cars, vans, SUVs, and trucks, most common being the headlights and tail lights. Other lighting options such as an LED light bar is used for additional lighting especially when off-roading.
When driving on trails during night-time, additional lighting components for your truck is important. It is a great investment for your vehicle and a travel must-have when you’re going on a road trip. LED light bars have many benefits and come in different sizes from 4 inches to 50 inches or more.
Motorists appreciate the additional safety they get from the lights and also the aesthetics they come in. They are however also very popular because of some other advantages they have over HID lights and halogen lights. They include the long life because they do not rely on filaments to light up, efficient consumption hence no battery drain, minimal emission of heat, durability, and eco-friendliness. But even with all the benefits of getting the LED light bars for your vehicle, you still need to make sure that you get the best for your car and a few considerations can help you make the right decision.
What to Look For
- Size: The off-road bars come in varying lengths usually from 6 inches to 50 inches. When looking at the size of your light bar, make sure you take into account how the mounting will be done on the car. It is a simple consideration that will lead you to the right size of the light.
- Shape: The bars are available majorly in rectangular, square and round shapes. The shape can affect the distribution of light, but most importantly it can determine how you mount it onto the car and the most suitable place on the car to mount it on. Know where and how beforehand so you choose the most suitable shape for your needs.
- Beam angle: For long reaching lighting and on-road driving, it is best you select spot beams and flood beams for off-road driving or work site for wide illumination. You also have the option of choosing a combination of the two patterns so you can serve your needs wherever you are driving.
- Color: The LED light bars can be white, amber, amber white, blue and red white. Your personal preferences can lead you to the best color, but it is important to remember that they all come with their pros and cons. White light bars, for instance, are brightest but most blinding. Weigh the options and choose the color you find suitable and functional.
- Brightness: The brightness of the bars are measured in lumens, and they vary from bar to bar just like it is the case with light bulbs. Start by knowing just how much light you need and then choose the most suitable brightness.
Other important considerations when selecting your LED light bar are features like the design and arrangement of the lights on the bar, water-resistant levels, and voltage and connector type. They are all important factors that will ensure you get the best bars for your car.
Whether you are looking for off-road lights or LED work lights, the LED light bar makes a very good choice.